Saturday, September 24, 2016

Ogden Cami

Hello!
I am usually very calculated person financially, but sometimes I have situations when I see something I like, and buy it no matter what the price (so maybe I'm not that calculated?), but they are usually the most successful purchases I make. This was the case with the True Bias Ogden cami.

שלום שלום!
אני בדרך כלל בחורה מאוד מחושבת כלכלית, אבל לפעמים יש לי מקרים שאני רואה משהו שאני אוהבת ואז פשוט קונה אותו לא משנה מה המחיר (אז אולי אני לא כזו מחושבת?), ובדרך כלל אלה הקניות הכי מוצלחות שלי. זה היה המצב עם הodgen cami של True Bias.

ogden cami

ogden cami inside

My cousin celebrated his 30th birthday and the whole family met to celebrate it, of course I had to sew something for the occasion, and something quick because I only had a day and a half.
I wanted to sew one last summer dress, although it's still really hot in Israel, actually there was a heat wave the day I wore it.

בן דודה שלי חגג יום הולדת 30 וכל המשפחה נפגשה כדי לחגוג לו, כמובן שהייתי צריכה לתפור משהו למאורע, ומשהו מהיר כי היה לי רק יום וחצי. רציתי לתפור שמלה קיצית אחרונה, למרות שממש חם עדיין (ואפילו היה שרב ביום שלבשתי אותה).

ogden cami

I looked for dress pattern with thin shoulder straps that I can finish in several hours. Unfortunately, I did not find something I liked, but remembered one of the new patterns from True Bias, the Ogden cami, it was exactly the style of the bodice I wanted for the dress, I assumed it wouldn't be so difficult to add a gathered skirt. So within 5 minutes, without checking any pattern reviews or what kind of fabric I will need, I bought the pattern.

חיפשתי גזרות לשמלה קצרה עם כתפיות דקות שאני יכולה לסיים בכמה שעות. לא מצאתי, אבל כן נזכרתי באחת הגזרות של True Bias והיא התאימה בדיוק לסגנון של החלק העליון שרציתי. הנחתי שלא תהיה בעיה גדולה מדי להוסיף לה חצאית כיווצים. ככה, תוך 5 דקות, בלי לבדוק ביקורות על הגזרה או אפילו לראות איזה בד צריך, קניתי את הגזרה.

ogden cami wip  ogden cami bodice

I cut size 0, based on the final measurements. I shortened the bodice on the "lengthen / shorten" line and added 1/2 "(about 1.3 cm) seam allowance, the skirt is a 144X47 cm rectangle. I added a thin belt made from the same fabric to emphasize the waist.

החלטתי לגזור מידה 0, לפי הטבלה של המידות הסופיות. קיצרתי את הגזרה בקו שמופיע בשרטוט בקו "להאריך/לקצר" והוספתי  1/2" (בערך 1.3 ס"מ) תוספת תפר, כמו שאר תוספות התפר שמופיעות בגזרה. החצאית היא מלבן שגזרתי במידות 144X47 ס"מ והוספתי כיווצים בחלק העליון. הוספתי גם חגורה דקה מהבד שתהיה לי גם האפשרות להדגיש את המותניים.

This is the first time I used a True Bias pattern, the instructions are simple and clear, and the pattern is well drafted. Within a few hours I had a perfect summery dress, made from a happy colorful fabric, which cost me only 15 NIS (approximately 4$) for a meter and a half.

זו הפעם הראשונה שאני משתמשת בגזרות של True Bias אז לא ידעתי למה לצפות. הגזרה משורטטת מצויין וההוראות היו פשוטות ומובנות ותוך כמה שעות כבר הייתה לי שמלה קיצית מושלמת מבד צבעוני ושמח שקניתי רק ב15 ש"ח למטר וחצי מחנות רנדומלית בנחלת בנימין.

I received a lot of compliments, and I can't wait to wear it again, I hope the weather will approve!

קיבלתי עליה המון מחמאות וכבר בא לי ללבוש אותה שוב, מקווה שמזג האוויר יאשר! 

ogden cami

Am I the only one who succumb to the childish need of buying things I want right here right now?

אני היחידה שנכנעת לפעמים לצורך הילדותי לקנות דברים כי בא לי עליהם כאן ועכשיו? 

No comments:

Post a Comment